“Turbo Pickup” MOC (42099 Alt Model) – Building Instructions
NO PHYSICAL BRICKS, ONLY DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT
With the purchase of this object you only purchase downloadable PDF instructions and Parts List
This is an alternative model for the set 42099. It’s an off-road pickup, i call it “Turbo Pickup”. I wanted to create a vehicle that didn’t use the geared down wheel hubs available on the set, so that i could achieve higher speeds with less gears involved and consequently less friction, while at the same time designing something different from what is already available and this is what i came up with: an off-road racing pickup. It is RWD and the two rear wheels don’t use the hubs, they’re connected to a differential which has both XL-motors driving it one on each side. This uncommon setup surprised me with its strength and speed, the motors won’t stall easily on this one, watch the video at the bottom of the page to get a clearer idea.
Length: 42cm / 53 studs
Width: 23cm / 29 studs
Heigth: 18cm / 22 studs
Weight: 1,2Kg (with batteries)
– Independent suspension on all wheels
– Remote-controlled steering
– Remote-controlled drive on the rear wheels: RWD
– The final gear ratio from the XL motors into the rear wheels is 1,4:1 (my fastest alt model so far).
– The front axle ground clearance are 4 studs, and 6 studs on the rear axle.
– Batteries can be easily swapped from below on this one.
– The green button to turn on the PU hub is easily accessible on the driver’s cabin.
Hello everyone, i have been playing with LEGO since i was a small child and i love it to this day. As i grew up, i came to like the Technic line the most. I will always prioritize fun over realism, extreme details, or complex mechanical prowess on my builds, but i do like a consistent design, so expect balanced builds from me.